WESTON BACKWOODS SPLITBOARD
The Backwoods Splitboard, featuring a pow centric Directional Multi Radial Camber-Rocker profile with a wide nose and narrow tail, will float effortlessly in powder, is nimble in tight trees, is stiff enough to hold an edge through chatter and crud, and is fast enough to keep you on top all day long. To top it off, our Rugged Topsheet made from castor bean oil adds durability/snow-shedding, a top of the line Sintered Base adds unrivaled speed, and our bamboo/poplar wood core adds sustainably harvested pop and stability. It's truly a one board quiver for those that prefer trees, powder, and open bowls.
For the finishing touches on this splitboard, we use active latching Karakoram Ultraclips to help create as close to a solid board feel as possible and limit chatter between sections. Additionally, we design with camber underfoot so that you'll have optimum skin traction for the uphill, and edge-hold on the downhill. A slight shift of the touring bracket forward to create a heavier tail also allows for ease of kick-turns in the skin track.
As part of the Backwoods Fellowship Collaboration between Weston, Smartwool and Zeal, this board features artwork from John Fellows and Weston will be planting 10 trees for every board sold.
- Freeride: 4/5
- Powder: 5/5
- All Mountain: 3/5
- Freestyle: 1/5
- Construction: Camber with rocker nose & tail.
- Slayer Wood Core:This is our bamboo/poplar core used in most of the boards
in our line. Designed to be energetic and damp.
- Tip to tail Carbon: Carbon fiber runs through the entire core from tip to tail to provide added pop and response.
- UHMW PE Sidewalls: Highly durable sidewall that protects the core from impact and increases torsional stability.
- Stitched Tips: Our tip spacers are stitched to the core to provide added durability.
- Tri-Axe Glass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Rooted Inserts: Just like roots help keep a plant grounded, flax reinforcement in areas of the core help increase strength and durability.
- Rugged Topsheet: Polymide is eco friendly and made from castor beans. The topsheet is durable and resistant to scratches and scuffs.
- Sintered 4000 Base: Faster ride, very durable, great wax retention.
- Boltless Base: By using fine threaded bolts we were able to provide a smooth finish to our bases for easier tuning and greater speed.
- Forged Tips: Stainless steel metal tip and tail pieces protect from damage and increase durability.
- Split Tech: We don’t skimp on our splits. You’ll see a full inner metal edge, complete with sidewall and dampening tape. Also, when facing a kick-turn on a steep slope, you want all the help you can get - that’s why we balance
our splits so that they are tail heavy.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips: UltraClips deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages. Karakoram UltraClips and Tip-Locks use Active Joining to spring load the seam of your splitboard, eliminating the rattling, shearing and rolling inherent to passive slip-fit connections. Simply close the lever to lock in the most responsive ride.