BURTON FT SENSEI
There's always an exception to the rule, and in this day and age of short, squat powder boards, it's this long, narrow powder board that's breaking all the rules.
Go deep and channel your inner pow master on the Burton Family Tree Sensei Snowboard. Designed in collaboration with Japanese powder riding legend Masanori Takeuchi (aka Masa), the Sensei's long, narrow shape serves up a surf-inspired feel for riding deep snow and steep terrain. Traditional camber supports trusted edge hold, while directional shape and flex help provide the float and control to ride the deep, cold snow that put Japan's mountains on the map.
About the graphic:
Once again, we worked with artist Ty Williams, this time on the graphics for the Family Tree lineup. Ty came by Burton HQ in Vermont and painted a sweet mural in our Craig's prototype facility, which our product teams pulled from to create this year's graphics. "I seem to work better in a big hurricane of ink and paint" – Ty Williams
- Skill Level: Expert
- Park: 2/10
- All Mountain: 7/10
- Powder: 9/10
- Personality: Happy Medium/Stiff and Aggressive: 7/10
- Bend: A Camber Bend advocates powerful turns and poppy precision, offering snappy suspension with weight distributed evenly across the entire board for smooth, continuous edge control from tip to tail.
- Shape: Freeride Directional Shape features a setback camber and a sidecut that is centered on your stance to create a twin freestyle stance when riding flat base, while on edge it turns tight and quick with the float and prowess of a directional deck.
- Flex: Directional Flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- Core: Dragonfly 600G Core with Multizone EGD uses end-grain woods in impact zones for lighter weight that doesn't sacrifice strength.
- Fiberglass: 45° Carbon Highlights Fiberglass build optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine-tune torsional feel.
- Base: WFO Base infuses specially formulated wax deep into the pores of the extra-absorbent, high-density recycled sintered material, making it ultradurable for riding all season in any condition.
- Board Mount: The Channel® Board Mount is designed to help dial in the perfect stance and is compatible with all major bindings.